As Shawbrook continues to grow we are looking for an HR Advisor to join our team based in our Brentwood office. As an HR Advisor you will provide HR advice and guidance to the business and ensure efficient and effective operational execution of people related processes.
Key responsibilities include the following:
First Line Query Management (Reactive & Proactive)
- Key point of contact for HR advice and provides HR advice and guidance through case management to line managers in response to HR policy related queries raised ranging from recruitment, absence management, dispute resolution and performance management and other ad hoc queries. Will deal with general ER issues directly with line managers.
- Manage key processes within the employee lifecycle e.g. Absence Management, Maternity Leave etc with continuous interface with admin team to ensure business needs are met and understood and seamless service offered across the business.
HR Process & Policy Management
- Responsible for delivering and embedding a consistent HR service including ownership of HR processes & policies ensuring that they are fit for purpose, in line with current legislation and best practice, understood consistently applied.
- Responsible for on-going improvement of HR process & the management/ownership of letter templates, ensuring the employee experience is consistent across the business.
- Responsibility to ensure the HR Hub is aligned to the OD of the business and that all people data is accurate and timely.
- On-going support of HRIS adoption and end user capability up skilling, identifying ways that HRIS can be used more efficiently or effectively.
- Day to day management of HR approvals related to workflows within SAGE people.
- Actively supports on boarders keeping in touch throughout the first 90 – 180 days.
- Supports off boarding activity from resignation to exit, including exit interviews for SB 2 & SB1 voluntary leavers.
Cyclical Team Support
- Supports the HR SMEs with the delivery of any cyclical HR activities, including (but not limited to): -Performance & Compensation Planning cycles
Resource Planning & Delivery:
- Administration of FTE forecasting and analysis to support HRBP OD.
- Liaison with Shawbrook Resourcing as necessary to ensure resource plan aligned.
- Supports HR interview part of selection process for all mid- level hires.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Good level of general education- Maths and English as a minimum
- CIPD qualification (or working toward qualification) preferable but not essential
- Experience of working in an HR advisory capacity
- Employee Relations experience
- Experience of working in a busy office environment with strong customer/service orientation
- Desirable to have financial services experience
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate
- HR System experience
- Approachable and able to communicate with and relate to people at all levels of the organisation
- Attention to detail and methodical in work practices
- Discreet, diplomatic and able to handle sensitive information in confidence
- Able to stay calm in pressure situations
- Customer service oriented “can do “approach
- Strong team player
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Adaptable & flexible
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Professional, well presented
- Values in line with Shawbrook values/culture
This role is an SB4 on Shawbrook’s internal banding system