Assistant Relationship Manager - Development Finance
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for an assistant relationship manager to join our team based in our London – Bishopsgate office. As an assistant relationship manager, you will support the relationship manager with lending applications, the administration of onboarding new customers, loans and ongoing loan management. As well as building strong relationships with new and existing customers and sourcing development opportunities that fit within the bank’s lending appetite.
- Ensure a good understanding of all the company’s policies, procedures and compliance guidelines, installing the principles in your daily practice to protect the company from any associated risks.
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to assessing loans including annual reviews
- To understand and analyse key information such as credit searches, bank statements, financial accounts, property valuations and business appraisals in order to make informed lending decisions.
- To deliver high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in data input and all written communications produced.
- Able to undertake face to face and telephone customer meetings
- To build successful working relationships with external contacts such as brokers, customers, surveyors and solicitors as well as internal teams such as administrators, credit risk and finance to ensure all lending requirements are satisfied prior to release of funds.
- To effectively manage a large pipeline of cases through to completion, ensuring both company service standards and the lending policy is complied with throughout.
- To deal with all internal and external telephone & email enquiries efficiently and within company standards.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the ongoing strategy and procedures for long term client management
- Ensure annual review process is documented and reported to group credit
- Understanding and delivering the brand values of the bank
- Effectively manage introducers and clients maintaining the relationships and driving more business from these sources
- Feedback key market intelligence regarding competitors as well as both positive comments and improvement areas for the bank as a whole.
- To embrace the principles of treating customers fairly and responsible lending in all decision making.
- Working knowledge of the UK property market and specialist knowledge of the assets the bank lends into.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate policy across the commercial division
- Ability to interpret financial accounts & valuation reports
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to explain rationale for decisions
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback and clear development requirements
- Ability to document performance related information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work with internal and external solicitors
- Ability to interpret financial accounts
- Computer literate
- Working knowledge of TCF
- Knowledge of FSA regulation
- Adaptable & flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure.