Team Leader – Client Services, Customer Support
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Team Leader to manage our client services customer support team based in Manchester. As a Team Leader you will ensure that the team provides an excellent service and customers receive payments accurately and in line with business finance policies, procedures and risk standards
- To support business finance customers and colleagues through management of daily critical payments. Ensuring key processes are actioned accurately & efficiently.
- In life risk management & customer service, raising risk events & complaints where applicable
- Arrange distribution of team workload to ensure adequate support and prioritisation as required
- Ensure all telephone and email enquiries are actioned promptly and efficiently – supporting the team (and other business colleagues) with any complex queries as required
- To line manage members of the customer support team, including managing staff holidays/absence through the internal HR Hub system and running team meetings and huddles.
- To support the customer support manager and wider local leadership team with building a strong and effective unit in Manchester
- To support the division with lean and project activity and testing requirements as required
- To support business continuity including incident management
- To identify training needs for yourself and customer support staff as and when they arise and instigate internal or external training
- Adhere to all HR, legal, regulatory, compliance policies and procedures.
- Previous experience of working within banking operations, in a process driven function
- Previous supervisory experience including conducting one to ones, huddles etc.
- Proven experience of initiating process improvement
- Knowledge of invoice finance preferable, although not essential
- In depth understanding of the financial services sector with specific focus on banking
- Understanding of risk appetite and risk management frameworks
- Excellent understanding of conduct risk and how to deliver fair customer outcomes
- Excellent understanding of compliance and banking regulations
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure