Product Implementation Manager
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Product Implementation Manager to support the ongoing development, management and governance of the lending products offered by the Property Division. This includes our core markets of bridging, commercial, buy to let commercial and second charge, including pricing and ensuring that the product team can consistently offer an exceptional level of product management, development and governance, ensuring customers are a key consideration. The Product Implementation Manager will own, manage and develop the product team’s product implementation process, product performance due diligence and overall product governance.
- Own, manage and develop the product team’s product implementation process from concept through to delivery and ‘live’ status
- Lead and manage all governance related workflows including new and/or material changes to products, annual and on-going product reviews and business performance.
- Promptly respond to ad-hoc requests for business performance analysis from various internal stakeholders, including senior management and Exco as well as carry out detailed analysis & identify market trends and opportunities, providing insight and recommendations which lead to product innovation and development.
- Take an active role in supporting, writing and presenting committee papers and on0going product reviews.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory changes within the industry and update the necessary teams of any changes and ensure compliance with the banks product governance framework, ensuring activities are aligned to it.
- Work with internal teams & regularly meet with external mortgage brokers and packagers to gather feedback and intelligence on product performance, as well as the market view of the bank's overall mortgage proposition.
- Document & design process maps, application forms and/or SOP’s for product/proposition related process.
- Regular dialogue with divisional stakeholders and teams to ensure visibility of on-going activities
- Attend industry events, webinars & seminars that focus on our core markets to build knowledge and understanding and feedback to wider team.
- Meet with external agencies including 3rd party sourcing systems to manage relationships and ensure Shawbrook maximises value and benefits from the data
- Experience working within a mortgage related governance and implementation role and have a solid background in financial services.
- Strong understanding of the wider distribution footprint with a particular focus on clubs & networks
- Level 3 CeMap qualification is desirable
- Strong understanding of the UK Corporate Governance Code and Remuneration Code
- In depth understanding of the financial services sector with specific focus and understanding of mortgage products with a particular focus on specialist lending
- Strong Customer/Market Insight for the development of products and services which meet customer needs
- Understanding of risk appetite and risk management frameworks
- Strong understanding of compliance and banking regulations and procedures
- Ability to identify, evaluate and develop new and sustainable revenue streams
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure