Head of Financial Crime
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
The Head of Financial Crime has responsibility for the Property Division’s financial crime risk strategy, including responsibility of implementing all aspects of the financial crime framework (in accordance with the Division MD’s accountable risks). The role holder has overall responsibility for the Division’s implementation of the financial crime framework, ensuring appropriate governance, procedures, controls, monitoring and reporting are in place to manage risk in line with the Bank’s policies, standards and risk appetite.
The Head of Financial Crime will also be responsible for leading the divisions financial crime operational team.
This is a high profile role that will give the successful incumbent excellent exposure to both Divisional and Group ExCo, and the opportunity to genuinely impact this business during a period of change and growth.
- Embed and maintain the Financial Crime Framework – including developing and implementing division-level procedures, completing and maintaining the firmwide risk assessments, and ensuring compliance with mandatory training requirements across the division
- Deliver and maintain a Financial Crime Compliance culture (e.g. through training) that ensure the division’s mitigation of exposure to financial crime risks.
- Oversee all relevant FC escalations for the Division, including review of high-risk customers such as PEPs, completion of the PEP annual review, review and escalation of customers that sit outside of the Bank’s risk appetite or customers under suspicion of financial crime.
- Ensure divisional implementation of the Bank’s financial crime policies, the Customer Due Diligence and Transaction Monitoring Standards (including fraud and law enforcement requests), and the Gifts, Entertainment and Hospitality Process.
- Be the primary contact between the division and 2nd line Financial Crime Compliance. Represent the Division and contribute in any bank-wide change management programmes in relation to financial crime.
- Challenge and contribute to the development of divisional strategies and objectives, ensuring alignment to Risk objectives.
- Review, approve and escalate any divisional acquisitions of customer books and/or businesses from a financial crime perspective.
- Support the Risk function’s response to 2nd Line of Defence and 3rd Line of Defence audit and QA reports and recommendations and work within the Division to define specific measurable requirements.
- Able to demonstrate proven experience of leading a financial crime team within a regulated environment. Banking industry knowledge would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent technical knowledge of both financial crime and money laundering
- Able to demonstrate proven leadership experience within a similar function
- Able to demonstrate excellent commercial acumen
- Able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
This role is an SB2 within the internal Shawbrook banding structure