Business Development Executive (12 month fixed term contract)
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Executive to be the 1st point of call for our broker partners on any new enquiries, supporting them with understanding our credit appetite and ensuring they understand our criteria, processes and literature. They drive conversions by discussing new propositions or indicative mortgage offers, assisting the broker with the positioning of the Shawbrook opportunity. They are also tasked with generating new business; this can be from broker partners in areas not covered by field sales, generating good introducers and also from direct client business.
- To deal with all internal and external telephone/email enquiries efficiently and within company standards, taking the time to position the deal and identify alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Principal responsibility for supporting brokers, introducers and direct clients with new enquiries across the areas of product, criteria and process.
- Principally responsible for filtering any direct client enquiries, being able to obtain information from direct clients by using open questions to obtain a full understanding of a proposition and routing to our broker partners.
- Liaising with existing Shawbrook clients to discuss our product range to better drive retention and new business.
- Accurate recording of telephone/email enquiries.
- Developing strong relationships with our broker partners, ensuring they embrace our support on the positioning of the deal, offering a personal service.
- Being experts on the competition, understanding where we sit within the market, and ensuring broker partners are aware of Shawbrook USPs.
- Having a thorough understanding of our products and criteria, being able to quickly understand the strengths and weaknesses of a potential case.
- Able to pre-assess paperwork from a client or broker, and to validate the information supplied.
- To effectively communicate with a large panel of introducers/brokers, maintaining the relationships, explaining propositions and driving more business from these sources.
- Support with the training and development of new brokers when using our website, strengthening understanding of our processes and literature.
- Ensure accurate and detailed notes are recorded of all conversations and regularly update any progress made within DJ or BlueChip.
- General Sales Support such as assisting with new product launches, pipeline management, marketing opt-out and any other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Undertake regular calls to the registered Introducers to ensure they are regularly updated on our product offering and ensure they are receiving the correct level of support from their Strategic Partners or Master Brokers.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the Commercial/Residential mortgage sector.
- Able to demonstrate a background in a telephone-based role, within financial services.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of compliance procedures with the mortgage industry.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the different funding options open to business clients
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure