Telephone Business Development Manager
The Shawbrook Group is a specialist UK lender and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products. Due to a recent acquisition, The Mortgage Lender (TML) is now part of the Shawbrook Group, reinforcing TML’s growth plans with the strength of a retail savings franchise.
TML is a specialist intermediary-only mortgage lender that provides products and criteria that meet the needs of borrowers who are not served by the high street.
Due to growth, TML are currently looking for a Telephone Business Development Manager who will report to the Business Development Hub Team Leader. You will manage inbound telephone calls, promoting The Mortgage Lender (TML), its services, products and criteria. The TBDM will identify the intermediary’s business and case requirements by fact finding their needs and tailoring responses to match the requirements, whilst supporting their paired field Business Development Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with mortgage broker experience who is looking to move onto the lender side, or an individual with branch mortgage sales experience who is looking for a new challenge.
- Providing support to introducers, ensuring they understand our product range and credit policy via inbound/outbound calls and email channels
- Call out to newly registered brokers introducing them to TML
- Actively manage application pipeline through contact with the broker and internal departments
- Responsible for the management of the departmental email channels
- Provide technical support on portal and registration issues to intermediaries
- Undertaking pre-registration verification checks for new intermediaries
- Achievement of individual and team targets and KPI’s to increase business volumes
- Input and maintain accurate and current CRM data
- Liaise with all areas of the business for pre- and post-sale queries
- Ensure brokers are submitting applications via the correct channels by managing the daily reports
- Challenge and evidence aspects of specific cases where we can demonstrate a case fits TML credit policy and product range
- Take ownership for complying with the Training and Competence scheme, personal development and regulatory training requirements
- Project work as and when required
- Provide support to field-based Business Development Managers as required
- Highlight new leads to the relevant regional Business Development Managers
- Previous experience of working within the mortgage sector is essential
- Previous experience in an outbound & inbound telesales environment would be desirable
- Able to demonstrate a background of successful relationship building and an aptitude for sales