Digital and Customer Experience Manager
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Digital and Customer Experience Manager to deliver excellent digital experiences for customers and acting as the voice of the customer on all initiatives across the Consumer Lending Division.
- Be the owner of all customer journeys within the Consumer Lending division. This includes online/offline journeys, acquisition & in-life servicing, email communications, letters and legal documentation.
- Be the customer experience lead on Consumer projects (new system developments and existing bank systems), representing the customers’ perspective throughout.
- Working with group marketing, central functions and external vendors, take a lead role managing the design, CX and UX, development and testing of any new customer journeys. Making sure customer journeys through our customer systems are frictionless, and the experience is mobile first and on brand.
- Take a digital first and data-led approach when assessing/optimising or developing new customer journeys.
- Ensure that simplicity for customers is considered at all aspects through the development of all customer journeys.
- Work across Consumer Lending teams to evaluate and optimise current journeys and collaborate with group and other business areas to ensure consistency across the bank.
- Be the digital user experience and design expert within Consumer Lending, representing the voice of the customer on all customer facing digital platforms; website, application portal, servicing portal etc.
- Take the lead in recommending functionality improvements that will enhance the customer journey.
- Ensure best practice digital user experience and design practices are followed.
- Where appropriate, work with the product managers and product delivery teams to support the design, development or enhancement of digital journeys.
- Transform current hybrid journeys into digital journeys.
- Working with agencies and vendors ensure all design, messaging and copy is on brand and customer centric.
- Ensure that sometimes complex products and processes are represented online in as clear and simple way as possible.
- Support the Snr Marketing & Strategy Manager on digital activity such as advertising, social, website creation and analytics.
- Work with agencies to ensure digital marketing activities are implemented correctly and are integrated into our journeys in a way that’s efficient, effective and customer-focused.
- Use industry and competitor data and tools to inform activity and assess the potential of new opportunities.
- Ensure all activity is FCA and GDPR compliant.
- Work with group marketing to support the build and delivery of campaigns in conjunction with any agencies we use.
- Ensure the right tracking metrics are in place so we can continuously monitor and optimise performance of campaigns.
- Work with Operations, Legal, Compliance, Change and Product teams, and third-party service providers to enhance and improve all customer communications that are sent at all stages of the customer journey across all products.
- Ensure all communications are presented as simply as possible and compliant with relevant regulations.
- Lead on the development of customer communications for new products.
- Customer Understanding
- Create regular, custom reports to demonstrate tangible improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of customer experience tools to better understand customer need.
- Support the Risk and Complaints teams in dealing with risk events or significant complaints, ensuring that our response and messaging is appropriate and that our PR agency is fully briefed.
- Work with Insights and product management teams on other ad-hoc customer and market research requirements.
- Relevant marketing/digital professional qualification (Desirable)
- Experience in customer experience or digital marketing roles
- Specific experience in a service/ regulated sector (Financial Services desirable)
- Experience of managing digital projects, specifically website/portal design and UX and email marketing
- Experience of leading on customer experience initiatives
- Data analysis skills and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of digital user experience and design principles
- Experience of CMS, CRM and CDP tools (Umbraco and Zendesk desirable).
- Analytics experience with the flexibility to integrate on and offline data
- Knowledge of email and SMS marketing, and experience in using email marketing platforms
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Good design awareness and ability to manage creative agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA and Data Protection regulations (desirable)
This role is an SB4 within the internal Shawbrook banding structure