Head of Outsourced Services
Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are looking for a Head of Outsourced Services to join our team based in Newport. This is a key role in the management team of COO. This role will responsible for the performance and oversight of key Outsourced Partners across the bank. Working closely with internal key stakeholders across the bank to identify new opportunities to outsource services that will enhance the customer journey. Ensuring clean migration of activity with no adverse risk or impact on the customer journey and/or bank business strategy. Responsibility to ensure the outsourced partners operational priorities are aligned with Shawbrook’s vision/direction/accountabilities.
- Provide expertise and leadership in motivating outsourced decisions and partnering.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency including seeking new opportunities to outsource.
- Develop strong relationships, influence with all functions across the bank to optimize efficiencies and drive performance improvements.
- Delivery a reporting suite for all outsourced partners and other business areas as appropriate covering services, volume and efficiency.
- Ensure outsourced providers deliver a competent service to customers through superb service levels and execution of product process and procedure knowledge.
- Clear management of SLAs and excellent awareness of industry best practice/regulations.
- Lead the agreed Marketing strategy – providing insightful recommendations, advice and guidance on new solutions.
- Responsible for process and procedures to control ‘run the bank activities’- continuous improvements are reviewed and implemented, using MI from trends, metrics, budgets and forecasting.
- Propose and manage budget, actively seek opportunities to improve costs.
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Actively seek to address, manage and mitigate identified risks and issues raised in audits within the timescales defined by Risk.
- Day to day management and oversight of complaints which are managed by our primary outsourced service provider, ensuring that root cause analysis is captured, reported and resolved.
- Recent and demonstrable experience in strategy, planning, delivery, forecasting and resource optimisation
- Experience of successfully identifying and implementing process and business-related change; combined with an underpinning knowledge of process improvement, change management and project management methodologies, tools and techniques
- Budget management techniques
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
- Knowledge of operational/business analysis techniques
- Extensive experience in a major customer service delivery and planning function
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer attentive approach
This role is an SB2 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure