Employer reference: REF809Q
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
The Role & Responsibilities
Purpose & Scope of role
You will be working as a Pega Engineer in the product team to provide continuous system improvements and deliver new features, enhancements and functionality using Agile methodologies, ensuring that quality standards are met and that a product delivery-focused approach is applied throughout
Working with the support team, you’ll assist with deployments and monitoring of services in production. You will also take responsibility for documenting details of system amendments/enhancements in both your code comments and our online documentation system
You must be able to work across multiple facets of projects and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
You will engage directly with IT management, development teams, technical delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of technology-based solutions
You will be working as part of a Product-focused team as this role is responsible for building and maintaining application software to further our product delivery objectives. As a growing team with a broad remit, this role offers excellent exposure to business users and management where you will be able to clearly see the impact of the work you and the team are doing.
You'll be designing class structures, application frameworks, and data models. Service Connector, integrating PRPC to third-party systems using Services (JSON, XML, HTTP), integrating Pega with other Technology Platforms, API, Data model, UI, security in PEGA 8
Pega CLSA/Pega 8(7/6): All applications are built using Pega 8. Given this, we’re looking for someone to deliver new applications within a Pega environment.
Pega CS (Customer Service): We are starting a new application with Pega CS, so previous experience withing Pega customer service will be vital to help deliver upon these solutions.
REST API integration: Our Pega applications heavily rely on REST integrations. Understanding and designing similar environments will be vital to the position.
SQL: To provide valuable, business-lead insights, you’ll be using SQL to build databases whilst you query, manage and manipulate vast amounts of data.
Cloud Exposure: Our applications are released within a cloud environment. However, we are transforming them to be more sustainable. Having exposure to the cloud in a working environment is vital.
CSS: We’re currently building a new UI as part of our transformation solutions. so, exposure to CSS will be critical for this project.
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done
SPONSORSHIP IS CURRENTLY NOT OFFERED FOR THIS POSTION