Corporate Communications & PR Manager
We are building a new bank, built on traditional principles. A bank that supports its customers with a unique blend of specialist sector and product knowledge and a more thoughtful and personalised approach to decision making. The markets we’re in is dynamic and rapidly evolving. Building on a refreshed strategic direction and structure, a new operating model and investment in people and premises across the business, our efforts are now geared towards how we can grow the business in the next phase of its journey.
We’re an award-winning bank that has helped fund the growth of Britain’s small businesses and consumers through a range of business finance solutions, specialist mortgages, retail products and savings accounts that provides our customers with the support they need to make things happen.
Shawbrook are looking for a Corporate Communications & PR Manager to join our team in Brentwood. The role will focus on understanding the business strategy and translate these into a media relations strategy and plan. You will promote, protect and defend the Shawbrook brand and manage the delivery of media relations plans. The position will play a frontline role in promoting the Shawbrook brand and its narrative devising content through PR campaigns and having strong relationships with the financial media.
- Develop a proactive and innovative media relations strategy with the Head of Marketing & Product Governance to support our brand vision, reinforcing Shawbrook’s overall messages where appropriate
- Lead the media relations activity for the group
- Identify potential reputational issues that could impact the business and work with the business to minimise impact; planning and delivering practical and effective communication
- Develop and deliver appropriate content, including liaison with group-wide content contributors for Annual/Interim reporting
- Lead the financial results announcements, press releases
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar Corporate Comms & PR role
- A robust understanding of capital markets, ideally having worked in investor relations
- Significant demonstrable experience in media relations gained either in agency, or in a fast-moving, proactive and reactive news environment
- Extensive experience across a range of communications disciplines in a corporate body or in a communications consultancy
- Understanding and working experience of media, especially consumer, business and personal finance and an ability to exploit this across media
- Existing and established network of media contacts with the ability to build and maintain new relationships
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Track record of developing strong formal and informal networks
- Computer literate Knowledge of conduct rules
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure