Employer reference: REF536Q
Shawbrook is a specialist bank driven by a purpose to power up ingenuity to create opportunity, every single day.
We offer a diverse range of savings and loan products. From personal and business savings accounts and loans for wedding and new cars, to complex financial credit facilities for businesses requiring significant investment and mortgages for landlords with multiple properties – no two customers are ever the same.
We give our customers the best-of-both worlds; uniquely combining strong digital capabilities with human expertise and ingenuity to deliver the best outcomes. We rise to the challenge of a complex case or unconventional circumstances, and we love to make things happen. By being creative, practical, and personal, we know we can always find the right solution for our customers.
If you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, contribute new ideas and believe anything is possible, you’re our kind of person
Work with us because you:
- Want to be part of a bank built for the dynamics of the modern world
- Relish a challenge and enjoy a fast-paced, innovative and hardworking culture
- Enjoy finding new and better ways to solve complexity and make things happen
- Want to belong to a diverse culture that stands shoulder to shoulder with minority and underrepresented groups
- Care about society and the environment and want to be part of a business that cares too
- Want to continue to grow professionally and be the best version of yourself
The Role & Responsibilities
- Originate new customer relationships for the core product set (non sponsor Leverage finance and Asset Based Lending ), by proactively identifying and approaching prospects, with or without KBI’s to promote Shawbrook’s products and services
- Develop and maintain a personal network of KBI’s within the local business, professional community and across the Bank to provide a healthy pipeline of new prospects suitable and able for conversion to customers efficiently
- Extend and develop business with existing customers in partnership with the portfolio team
- Meet targets for originations in net assets and volume, product mix, pricing, profit and returns whilst ensuring credit quality is maintained at the highest levels
- Support the maintenance of existing portfolio customers where additional or follow-on funding may be required
- Exercise the highest standards in managing transaction and onboarding processes to ensure operational and control activities are fully satisfied such that prospects become customers via an efficient and seamless process
- Write high quality credit papers for proposed transactions in timely manner for submission to Credit Risk
- Promote Shawbrook Bank to the local business community through networking and attending functions, some of which will be outside of normal business hours
- Assess quality business through appropriate checks such as balance sheets and management accounts, searches, and appropriate product information
- Accountable for primary relationship responsibility for customers in the portfolio, supported by the wider Portfolio team who manage the day to day in life requirements.
- Accountable for credit quality in all interactions
- Maintain a proactive and ongoing level of communication with KBI’s and Prospects fully utilising Shawbrook marketing collateral. Along with supporting the production and creation of suitable collateral working with Marketing colleagues
- To adhere to Shawbrook values - Personal, Pragmatic, Expert and Progressive
- Several years’ experience in a deal structuring or similar environment with a track record in being able to develop and maintain long term relationships within the London/South market.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial lending, including dealing with customers with turnover above £5M
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowedge of either leveraged finance or ABL - both would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Specific experience in lending to companies with a turnover of greater than £5M, and in driving the credit analysis for such deals
- Proven track record of building personal links and working well with support functions including Credit, Risk, Operations and Marketing
- Capable of developing strong customer focused relationships at board level and below with the client base and maintaining relationships with the regional business community to enhance the Company’s reputation within the market
- Capable of making their own recommendations to credit committee / board level
- Fully conversant with all relevant risk management and banking legislation and regulation
- Fully understands the requirements of business development, has a high degree of knowledge of the market environment and uses this to create new business opportunities
Your Wellbeing - We take your health and well-being very seriously by providing a range of benefits to give you and your family peace of mind. These include:
- Market leading family friendly policies such as access to our Maternity, Adoption and Paternity policies from Day 1 of your employment
- Free access to Headspace, a mindfulness & meditation digital health app
- Free access to Peppy digital health app that offers personalised support through fertility treatment becoming a parent or menopause
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) - Offering you support on a wide range of subjects including financial concerns, mental wellbeing and more general queries around family, work, housing, and health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme & death in service
Your Lifestyle - It’s important you strike the right balance between your work and personal life. We provide benefits to support you when at work and when you’re enjoying your leisure time.
- Minimum of 27 days holiday per year
- Option to buy or sell holiday days through our flexi-holiday scheme
- Discounts on gym membership nationwide
- Access to discounts on a range of high street and online brands
- Community support and charitable giving
Your Contribution - We’re focused on rewarding those that go the extra mile in helping us achieve our goals.
- Participation in our annual discretionary bonus scheme designed to reward your contribution to our success
- Proudly Shawbrook recognition scheme focused on recognising our role models and thanking our colleagues for a job well done