Shawbrook is a specialist UK savings and lending bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products. At 31 December 2017 our total lending reached £4.9 billion and we have now raised more than £4.4 billion in customer deposits.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable returns and sustainable growth, and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer needs.
Provides finance to the specialist residential investment and commercial property mortgage market and to professional property investors and SME owner-occupiers. Second charge mortgages to consumers.
We primarily finance business critical assets operated by established UK SME and healthcare businesses. In addition, we provide facilities to smaller UK financial institutions through wholesale and block facilities.
Consumer lending operates through relationships with major home improvement firms, in-store and online retailers, carefully selected holiday ownership companies and loan broker partners.
We employ over 750 staff.
1. To support the Data Warehouse from a technical perspective, writing the code necessary for builds, remediation & delivery of data.
2. To work on our regulatory reporting projects as and when required.
3. Working with Risk, Finance and internal Business Units to understand and deliver technical data needs.
4. Work with 3rd party vendors where necessary.
5. This role encompasses design, implement, strategy and operations.
6. Work on other projects as required, developing IT solutions across a range of systems and applications as designated.
01. Be part of a team to design, build and deliver high quality regulatory reporting solutions
02. Proficient in data analysis, defect identification and resolution
03. Support Data Manager and Head of Data to liaison with business colleagues in the areas of specification, estimation and testing of development deliverables
04. Keep up-to-date with new technologies and industry standards; seek self-development and opportunities to progress, learn new skills and maintain high quality work
05. Resolve all development tasks within the specified timeframe, reporting to the IT Data Manager if the timescale cannot be met
06. Effectively use the feedback from business users to keep the team connected to any issues before they become bigger problems. Feed and translate the feedback into development tasks to improve quality of the deliverables
07. Attend meetings as required
08. Ensure security and risk are the fundamental foundations for design, decision and delivery
09. Contribute to the continuous development of the team
10. Display great team spirit and loyalty towards colleagues whilst maintaining a high-performance level
11. Documentation creation and management
12. Identifies and investigates data quality/integrity problems, determines impact and provides solutions to problems
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of 3 years of experience and/or training in the technical Business Intelligence field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· MS qualifications advantageous, but certainly not pre-requisite
Experience (type & level)
· Minimum of 3 years of recent experience in querying and analysing data sources in a Microsoft environment to understand the data and determine logic for data transformations
· Minimum of 3 years recent relevant technical experience with Microsoft data integration tools and/or EDW design and development in a Microsoft environment
· Working with a financial services or other regulated environment
· Regulatory reporting experience preferred
· Medium sized IT Department (50+)
· Data transformation from external sources
· Planning & executing database related deployments
· ITIL or similar – working within Change & Incident frameworks
· Ticket management
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
· SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2016
o Performance tuning & best practises
· Documenting complex data systems
· Conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
o OLAP database design and theory
o OLTP database design and theory
· Understanding of Infrastructure Architecture
o Able to interact with technical experts in other areas of IT to ensure that underlying architecture is correct and delivered
· Understanding of BI concepts and theory
· Experience of supporting a UAT team
· Nice to have
o Scripting experience (VBScript, C#, VB.Net)
· Business analyst: ability to work with users to initiate technical solutions
· Analytical in problem solving and decision making
· Communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to work as part of a team
· High levels of drive, energy and personal commitment to success
· Accuracy & attention to detail
· Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
· Customer-focused approach and willing to champion the business
· Good awareness of own strengths, weaknesses, and future aspirations
· Presents a professional/businesslike image, credible
This role is an SB4 on Shawbrook's internal banding system
1. Initial Screening by Internal HR
2. Telephone interview with Potential Line Manager
3. In Person interview with Potential Line Manager & Lead Developer (Technical)
4. In Person interview with Head of Data