Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and people in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
The Product Analyst role creates user stories that deliver the desired business benefit and value of each epic. They act as a member of the scrum team working alongside team members to clarify and provide additional information for user stories, to ensure what is developed meets business needs and expectations.
- Work collaboratively with the product owner to create user stories that are aligned to the overall delivery of epics
- Carry out detailed analysis of business needs, requirements, impact, scope, risks, benefits and technical dependencies for user stories
- Work collaboratively with the UX designer to provide an understanding of the user stories to ensure designs are aligned
- Ensure all user stories are created and maintained in the product backlog, with relevant support documentation
- Play an active role during the sprint planning meeting in clarifying the requirements and defining the sub tasks that need to be carried out to deliver the user story
- Develop the BDD scenarios for the user stories in conjunction with the scrum team
- Provide technical input into the business cases that are produced by the product manager
- Work as part of the scrum team to provide further elaboration of user stories and additional context as needed to ensure the team understand the stories and value that is expected to be delivered
- Take an active role in backlog refinement, ensuring that user stories are appropriately sized, estimated and prioritised, ready for the next development sprint
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Experience of using work management tools such as Jira
- Excellent knowledge of agile Scrum methodology and practices
- Able to produce high quality supporting artefacts to assist team in development
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in problem solving and ensuring the right people are involved
- Able to manage development cycles in a high-pressured environment with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Able to problem solve particularly when impediments arise that block development, using good judgement to involve the right stakeholders at the right time
- Act as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technical delivery teams translating concepts into language that is easily understood by both parties
- Strong team working and collaboration skills within Scrum team
- Demonstrates pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service delivered to all customers, external, internal and business partners
- Willingly takes the initiative and consistently does more than is required
- Respects individual’s views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel
- Continually asks what more it could be and inspires others to do likewise
- Always behaves consistently and with integrity, realising everyone’s potential to get the best possible result and live the values
This role is an SB4 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure.