Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for a Risk Manager to work within our consumer lending business, who will be responsible for overseeing MI, Analysis and ad-hoc reporting. Overseeing and assisting in the implementation of changes to the decision engine. The Risk Manager will also be responsible for supporting the operational requirements of our brokers and intermediaries which requires close engagement with our RDMs as well as Risk and Operations teams. The Risk Manager will also oversee the data protection risks and the customer side of the quality control environment with the aid of the DPR (data protection representative) and QC Officer and aiding in the creation of management information and commentary for the monthly Enterprise Risk committee pack.
- Contribute towards the development of management information reports
- Investigation for and writing of commentary for Committee packs
- Develop the analytical capability to provide portfolio reporting and management information, at a segmented level, to monitor business performance and assist management in making strategic decisions
- Oversee the developments to the decision engine environment
- Implement changes to the decision engine via the strategy control system (SCS)
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and process
- Work in collaboration with internal and external business partners to manage risks across the division and develop process
- Develop and improve risk management strategy analytics across Consumer
- Produce accurate and timely cyclical and ad-hoc reporting
- Manage and support their direct reports with workload prioritisation
This role is an SB3 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure