Head of Secretariat
As Shawbrook continues to grow we are looking for a Head of Secretariat to lead our secutarial team based in London. This is a high-profile position that will play a key role in ensuring Shawbrook continues to grow in a regulatory sustainable fashion. You will oversee the day to day administration of all company secretarial matters including board and board committee meetings.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Arranging all board and board committee meetings including circulating papers suitably well in advance.
- Taking (and circulating for approval within a timely manner) accurate minutes of board and committee meetings.
- Providing advice on regulatory/company law requirements – listing rules, disclosure requirements, Companies House
- Maintaining all company records and Companies House filings up to date and accurate
- Developing and maintaining an effective and accurate archive of all board and committee papers and minutes
- Promoting best practice in corporate governance at board, committee and exco level
- Developing and maintaining induction and training materials for the board
- Developing an effective board effectiveness review programme.
- Working closely with the general counsel and compliance to assess legal and regulatory developments which may affect the board/committees/corporate governance generally and assisting with the implementation of any changes.
- Being available as a ‘trusted adviser’ to the board on corporate governance and company law matters.
- Work closely with the director of governance to ensure a fully integrated governance framework operates from board down through to management committees
- Membership of SMCR working group, must have good understanding of senior management and certified persons regime
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified Company Secretary with a minimum of 10 years experience including relevant experience gained in a financial services environment
- Expert on company secretarial and company law matters including disclosure and listing rules
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements/expectations and developments in the corporate governance field
- Understanding of commercial risks and liabilities
- Used to working as part of a team within a wider legal/compliance/Co sec function
- Computer literate
- Current membership of professional company secretarial body
- Advanced organizational skills
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional , well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Proven team player with well developed communication skills and an ability to influence decisions at senior management level. A proven self starter, have good multi tasking skills and be able to work closely with third party professionals and colleagues on a personal basis.
- You will have excellent presentation and drafting skills and a proven flair for identifying and analysing issues to provide swift, accurate and clear advice.
- Confidence to liaise effectively with colleagues and to handle detailed negotiations with customers, being aware of and able to focus on customer needs and to deal effectively with other parts of the company/business partners
- Experience of supporting the change process across other business areas to improve effectiveness
- Positive outlook “can do”, proactive approach.
- A commitment to the highest quality of service delivery
- A clear focus on high quality and customer service.
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Able to get on with others
- Sense of humour
This role is an SB2 within Shawbrook’s internal banding structure