As Shawbrook continues to grow we are looking for a Lending Officer to join our team based in Peterborough Office. You will assist in the execution of loans through to completion, providing service in line with expectations of applicable property sector and ensuring all data and information held is present and accurate.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- To actively manage a pipeline of cases in support of their designated Lending Managers through to completion
- To provide accurate instructions to our panel solicitors, ensuring they are furnished with all information such as title insurance requirements, title plan needs, independent legal advice and any other specific instructions to enable cases to complete promptly.
- To be main point of contact for brokers and solicitors during the legal process, building excellent relationships with these third parties. Regularly updating and chasing where required to ensure the end customer receives the best customer service possible.
- To review legal correspondence received from our solicitors, providing responses where possible and referring to Lending Manager for any credit decisions.
- To liaise with surveyors to obtain any required information during the legal process.
- To meet division defined service level agreements across all tasks and post received by the Bank.
- To verify all KYC and AML requirements have been met, along with checking all other documentation received post sanction to ensure they meet the Bank’s lending requirements prior to completion. o ensure data held on origination system is of the highest quality to enable future accurate management information and customer contact can be maintained.
- To manage the customer contact at the designated points in the process such as “speak withs,” ensuring all calls are handled professionally,
- To endeavor to meet customers’ expectations of completion, requesting funds through the required mechanism from finance and releasing funds promptly once all outstanding needs have been met.
- To provide overflow support to administration team when required
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
Education / Qualifications
- Good standard of education, must include English & Maths
- A good understanding of the mortgage sector
- A good knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing
- Significant administration experience
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a team
- Computer literate
- Complaints Procedure
- Industry Awareness – regulations (TCF, money laundering, FSA etc.)
- Mortgage/Lending Principles & Practice
- Company Compliance
- Adaptable & flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer-focused approach
This role is an SB4 on Shawbrook’s internal banding system